Belcampo Birding Encounter
January 20 - 25 2018 & February 10 - 15 2018
Birding enthusiasts, ornithologists, and eco-tourists worldwide are discovering that Belize is among the very best destinations to encounter, observe, and be thrilled by hundreds of extraordinary species. Thanks to unspoiled natural habitats—including tropical rainforest, ocean coastline, inland lagoons, grasslands, and savannahs—an astounding variety of colorful birds, thrive in Belize. From the majestic Scarlet Macaw and Keel-Billed Toucan to the elegant Blue-Crowned Motmot and Great Kiskadee, the birds of Belize are exceptionally plentiful, active, and inspiring.
In the company of Belcampo’s local guides and noted author Lee Jones, whose Birds of Belize is the first complete reference for identifying all of Belize’s 574 species, you’ll explore the verdant habitats where birds feed and make their nests, including: Num LiPunit and Lubaantun, two of Toledo’s top birding sites; the Mayan village of Blue Creekand its caves; Red Bank of the Stann Creek District; and the Bay of Honduras Marine Reserve, in Punta Gorda.
Along with the luxurious jungle setting and exquisite service of Belcampo Belize, you’ll also experience regional cuisine during lunch at a favorite local café, a home-hosted lunch with a gracious Mayan family, a leisurely sunset cruise along the Rio Grand River, and meals at our Lodge featuring farm-fresh organic food from our own gardens and groves.
- 5 nights accommodation
- Round-trip Tropic Air flights from Belize International to Punta Gorda
- Return land transfers from the Punta Gorda airstrip to the Lodge
- All bird-specific tours as outlined in the itinerary
- All meals and afternoon snacks
- Complimentary use of gym, kayaks, mountain bikes, hiking trails
- Complimentary WiFi
- Laundry services and nightly turndown
- A copy of Lee Jones’s Birds of Belize
- All taxes and service charges
Package excludes: international flights, beverages, land and water activities not outlined in the itinerary, gift shop purchases.
- Jungle Suite: $2,800 per person, double occupancy
- Ridge Suite: $3,400 per person, double occupancy
Please contact email@example.com for reservations.