Committed to Conservation
From the preservation of an intact 12,000 acre nature reserve to the implementation of daily practices that reduce the Lodges’ carbon footprint, Belcampo Belize is committed to conservation and local economic development.
- Roughly 70% of the food we serve in our restaurant is organically produced on our farm.
- We use sustainable, line caught seafood purchased directly from local day boat fishermen.
- We are helping to save Belize’s indigenous cuisine and the heirloom crops that define it by growing native crops on our 3,000-acre organic farm.
- We are building a global marketplace for Mayan products through such enterprising partnerships with San Francisco–based Blue Bottle Coffee and Chicago’s Vosges Chocolate.
- We make furniture and building materials on site from our own wild fall or sustainably harvested wood.
- We plant thousands of trees each year as part of an extensive agroforestry program that also supports local wildlife.